Friday, February 26, 2010

I can't think of a title......

Sorry for the delay in this update. It has been seven plus weeks since my MMA Surgery. No news is good news. Anyways I am still sleeping well. I have no breathing interruptions. Nothing has really changed as far as my sleeping. It has been “clear sailing”…..I mean sleeping. I am still waking up early, but I have done that for forty years or more.

I am able to open my mouth wider now (about 27 mm), but not wide enough to accommodate a Big Mac or other medium to large food sources. No complaints. My upper gums are still somewhat numb, but my upper jaws are pretty normal. I am able to chew soft foods, but salads are difficult. There has not been any pain in the past week or two. In ten days I go to my dentist and get my teeth cleaned and my tooth put back in. My gums still seem to get more swollen after each meal.

The swelling in my gums seems to affect my speech quite a bit. I am able to speak as much as needed, but I do sound like a nerd or someone that has a speech impediment. Again no complaints.

You have not heard much from me about my looks. That is because I did not really care. My sleep was so much more important to me. Well, I do not notice much difference. I think I look somewhat different (and not for the better) in the face, but to me it is because I lost 22 lbs. and my cheeks and surrounding areas show the lost of weight. The good news is my stomach also reflects the loss of weight also. My Greek mother-in-law is visiting and thinks my nose looks bigger and in her words “better”. I think that’s because Greeks have bigger noses……so I guess I am more Greek to her. “Opa!!!!!

I am having some serious problems with my insurance company. I was planning on only having to pay approximately $6,000 (my yearly catastrophic limit). It now may be closer to $18,000. But leave it up to the insurance companies to have some small print (which I missed) which further reduces my coverage. I will explain further in my next blog…..don’t forget to remind me.

Thanks for your prayers. They were answered. Thank God.

No comments:

Post a Comment