Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Six Weeks Since Surgery ... Things Looking Good

The surgery is behind me and so is the flu and a bronchial infection. Now I can start evaluating my sleep and the results of my surgery. I think I have had only 2-4 days in the last six weeks that I have not been sick. Today is one of them and hopefully many more to come.

I am looking forward to getting back to exercising which I have not done in six weeks. I am sure that half of the 22 lbs I have lost is muscle. I look forward to eating and eating the proper food. I am going to try and stay at my current weight of 185 by eating healthy and exercising.

To my sleep. I can sleep on my side or back. I fall asleep within 10-20 minutes and I wake up 2-4 times during the night. I have no breathing problems. I never remember having such an open breathing passage way through my nose. I learned not to breathe through my mouth while on a CPAP with nose mask. My wife has not heard me snore and I have not woken up hearing myself snore. I wake up in the morning as if someone gave me a cup of coffee about 5 minutes before I woke up. This is the first refreshed feeling I have felt in 20 years. I am still somewhat tired, but who wouldn't be tired after being sick and having major surgery.

On to pain, no pain, swelling and numbness. I have very little pain and it is only on a few occasions. It is mainly in the back of the lower jaw and sometimes radiates to my ears. It only last 2-4 seconds and it happens 3-4 times a day. Actually it seems to only happen 1-2 times a day now. There is some numbness in my upper gum area. I noticed that when I started flossing a few days ago. No real numbness in chin, face or nose. My gum area also feels like it is swollen a bit.

It has been one week since my arch bars were removed. Eating has been slow and tedious, but effective. I am eating eggs, toast, mash potatoes, shredded chicken and beef, cut up spaghetti and my homemade meatballs. When I chew, I have to do it very delicately, since there is some pain when chewing, but it seems to be getting less and less as I chew more and more. I am not even attempting salad, bacon, pizza, nuts, etc.

Dr. Li says I can go see a dentist for a professional cleaning (and have my tooth put back in) in 30 days (from acrh bar removal). Thank you again for your prayers.

1 comment:

  1. Glad to hear you are not sick. I hope you can stay well! - katherine

    ReplyDelete