Wednesday, November 25, 2009

A Few Good Nights

My MMA Surgery is T-Minus 45 Days and Counting

I have just experienced 2-3 days or should I say nights over the past week with relatively sound sleep. I classify sound sleep as: not waking up more than 3 times; and falling back to sleep within 15 minutes; and not having to remove my CPAP mask because of too much air; and waking up for the last time after 6:00 am. I can't say what caused this. No new pressures on my CPAP. No real change in other habits.

I did not feel any better during the day, but then I am realistic enough to know it takes more than a few intermittent good night sleeps to make me feel better during the day. But, thank God, I still appreciate any improvement or change for the better.

My sleep doctor has order a new mask for me which will also cover my mouth. His theory is I may be doing some mouth breathing and thus I may be losing pressure out through my mouth instead of down the airway - keeping my airway open. I will let you all know after I give it a go for a week or so.

No comments:

Post a Comment