Thursday, January 28, 2010

3 Weeks plus ....... "Steady As She Goes"


Well this is a milestone. I am counting by weeks now rather than days. My sleeping is slllllloooowwwwwllllllyyyyyyy improving. I am falling asleep quicker now, 15-30 minutes. I awake 2-3 times and usually fall back to sleep fairly soon. Heck, that is probably better than a lot of 60 year olds. I have had only one incident of waking up gaging for air in the past two weeks. I am still recovering from surgery; still have some anxiety and stress; and my body is still learning how to sleep. So no problem as far as I am concerned.


I have been reading some older blogs from other MMA patients and comparing where I am today compared to where they were at three weeks. Thank God, I am doing as well if not better. With my bands on my archbars still keeping my teeth completely closed, I find myself clenching my jaws and putting undo tension in my jaws. So I have to remind myself often to relax the jaws and mouth, especially at night when I go to bed.


Thanks Katherine (my daughter) for reminding me to update this blog. I love you.


My energy level is fairly good. I do not get sleepy very often in the afternoon or evening. Only one nap in the past week. I am doing my taxes now, so I try to stay pretty focused. My focus is still a problem. I hope it will improve as my sleep improves. Once I start getting more deep sleep; this will reduce the very deep deficit I have built up over the past 15-20 years.


I haven't mentioned pain or numbness because there is very little and it has been that way since day 6 or 7. I have been having long dreams almost every night. I forgot what dreams were. I have started to develop some pressure buildup in my ears with some slight popping. But what the heck my head has been through a lot over the past month.


My wife has not only been helping me tremendously with my food prep and care, but yesterday went out with me on a new investigation. I wrote down questions feverishly as she asked questions of her own. It went well and the new client understood my situation completely. He was just assaulted and had a bandaged face.

No comments:

Post a Comment