Friday, January 1, 2010

On My Way......See You On the Other Side

My MMA Surgery is T-Minus 4 Days and Counting

Tomorrow morning we leave Phoenix at 5:00 am on our 735 mile journey which hopefully will take me from nights of sleeplessness to days of awakening to restfulness, energy, good memory and the ability to enjoy good times with my family and friends.

We have likely over done it on researching, planning, packing, purchasing, etc. however it did help pass the time. I started this blog with T-45 days and counting on November 25th. Now in just under 4 days, I will be in the hands of God and Dr. Li.

Second thoughts you ask! None. I would go in this afternoon if given the opportunity. I don’t deny having some thoughts about the pain, inability to eat & chew and talk. But those thoughts vanish immediately once I look back at the last 10-15 years of my un-corrected sleep apnea symptoms. I also think of the comments made by the many MMA surgery patients who praise the surgeons and the surgery.

I look back over the past six months and it seems to me my symptoms have gotten progressively worse. I am not sure if this is just a mental issue, but in any case I am thankful that there is a procedure available to me that has a good chance of providing substantial relief.

I don’t want to jinx’s this surgery but me being the optimist I am; I believe I have a great chance of being cured of the obstructive sleep apneas. I believe this because of:

My faith in the Lord Jesus Christ.

The prayers of my family, friends and others.

Having one of the best surgeons in the country if not the world.

Having the surgery performed at one of the best medical facilities in the country.

Well you next will be hearing from me one to two days “post-op”…….those words sound good to me. God bless you all and thanks for your prayers.

John

No comments:

Post a Comment