Friday, January 15, 2010

Day Ten .....Great News


Unknown Aliment...... Seems to be Dissipating


My unknown aliment is going away. When I woke up this morning I was feeling much better. Thank God. I can now get my focus back on my recovery from my MMA.

One last thing on this unknown aliment ..... I wondering if my throat pain, elevated temperature and over all sick feeling I had for 4-5 days could be attributable to the Children's Ibuprofen I started taking six days ago. Could I have been allergic to this over the counter medicine? I always struggled taking it. It burned my throat even after being watered down. I stopped taking it last night. Well anyways, Dr. Li says it is a possibility but he still bets on a virus.

Recovery from Surgery....... Update
I have had a few good nights of sleep (prior to my aliment). It was wonderful sleep. I did not want to be woken up. I have not had this experience in the past several nights, but now that my aliment is dissipating, I expect that to return. I am sleeping flat on my back, no wedge pillow keeping my head elevated. My wife says I neither snore nor breathe through my mouth. I have not yet experience that refreshed feeling but I will be patient.
I was down about 10 lbs., however now I am only down 7 lbs. I guess I should not over eat as much as I did pre-surgery. My last over the counter pain meds were taken yesterday evening. I likely could have been off them 2-3 days ago, but the symptoms from the unknown aliment kept me taking them. Now I just continue with the icing which I have been very faithful applying 3-5 times daily. Even though there is not much pain at the jaws, I figure the ice helps any residual swelling. My wife says she thinks the swelling in the face/jaw area is down 75-80%.
We just set an appointment with Dr. Li for Monday morning at 9:15 am. Hopefully I will be feeling even better because he won't release me back to Phoenix unless I have been feeling good for a couple of days. He will check out my jaws, nose and airway. If everything looks good there, I anticipate him removing some of my rubber bands holding my teeth completely shut. I expect he will adjust the rubber bands so that I will be able to open my teeth maybe a quarter of an inch.

If given the go ahead we will pack up and head to Phoenix and our 735 mile road trip. I won't be looking for any In and Out Burger stands like I usually do. Maybe I will.... I have never tried their milkshakes.


From the Other Side, John

1 comment:

  1. Great! I agree with Dr. Li a virus found you ready and weakened and moved in! Sound like you are going to be a new person.. Thank God. I admire your bravery and Mary's also!!
    Love, in Christ, Bette.
    just saw the comment box... I have been following the blog ...

    ReplyDelete