Monday, January 4, 2010

Just Under 24 Hours to Go

At this time tomorrow I will be two hours into MMA surgery. I meet with Dr. Li today at 2:00pm for my pre-surgery consultation. As before, I have a long list of questions. I am feeling good about this surgery and ready to go. As a family member has just said, the surgery and recovery should be the easy part since I have spent 15 to 20 years living with the severe symptoms of sleep apnea.

It is amazing how God has guided us through this pre-surgery process. We attended the local Greek Orthodox Church on Sunday and met two doctors. One was a sleep doctor who trained at Stanford and the other doctor was an oral surgeon, who just last week, performed two MMA surgeries. They both gave us strong support for what I am doing and offered us their prayers. One of doctors stated that now they are trying to diagnose sleep apnea early in children before their growth plates are fully grown. They can make adjustments orthodontically so jaw surgery can be avoided later on in life.

I am starting to act and feel like a race horse at the starting gate, where he is chopping at the bit and raring to go! I would like to go and check in at the Ambulatory Surgery Center now and get all the paper work done now and even find myself a gurney and a blanket. Oh well, I guess I will pass the time roaming the aisles of the nearest Walgreens looking at different types of over-the-counter pain meds and getting a dry erase whiteboard.

So...take care and thank you for your prayers and your visits to my blog. I hope to post a post-surgery update very soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment